Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Where's The Ark?

We are on day 6 or 7 of rain here in South Louisiana.  Yesterday was probably one of the worse weather days I can ever remember in Baton Rouge.  A daytime high in the mid 40's with just nasty, drizzly rain with intermittent downpours.  The temperature swings are the worse.  Saturday and Sunday our high was in the mid to upper 70's. 

And I wonder why there is a cute little 8 year old snuggled in his flannel jammies next to me this morning as I work.  Conner could not escape the crud.  Thankful there is no fever.  Praying it stays that way.  Just feels achy all over and no energy.  Maybe after a day of rest it will be better tomorrow. 

Even with the gross weather and a sick little one I sit here this morning thankful beyond imagine for all of the great blessings I have.  We pray for everyone that is losing their homes and possessions to the flood waters that have once again plagued the residents of our area.  So many of them had just put the pieces together from Hurricane Isaac.  More and more roads continue to close as the swollen canals push water onto the roadways. Forecasters say we have at least one to two more days of the rains coming down.

From the great Robert Frost:

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

I know the sun will shine again and we will rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment